A first aid kit is a box, bag or pack that holds supplies used to treat minor injuries including cuts, scrapes, burns, bruises and sprains. More elaborate first aid kits can also include survival supplies, life-saving emergency supplies or convenience items like bug sting wipes or cold & flu medicines. Why are there so many different types of first aid kits?
First aid kits are used in many different places and may require special items not normally included in a home first aid kit. Workplace kits have a specific list of items that are required by law. Sports kits usually have more items for bruises and sprains. The container will also be customized to the application. For example, a construction first aid kit and a swimming pool kit are required to be in a waterproof metal box while a travel kit can simply go in a ziploc type bag. Many different types of first aid kits are required because of the different uses. How do I select the right first aid kit for my needs?
Knowing the types of injuries that are likely to occur will help you select the right first aid kit for you. Many first aid kit manufacturers will put them in a category that easily identifies the type of injuries it is designed to support. Other attributes including: waterproof, number of people, container type and more will help narrow your search for the right first aid kit for your needs. How do I refill or restock my supplies?
Regular inspections of your existing first aid kit should occur based on your usage. At a minimum, supplies should be checked every 6 months. For home users, consider checking on Memorial Day and Labor Day. For workplace users, monthly inspections should be considered. When checking supplies, always check these 4 things:
Easy Refill Tools!
- Expiration dates (throw away if expired)
- Damaged items (throw away)
- Partially used items (don’t share)
- Adequate stock levels (ensure supplies will last until next check)
MFASCO Health & Safety makes refilling your supplies fast and easy. We have several tools that will help you reorder your supplies including:
- Complete refill packs - If you already have a container and need a fresh start with a full set of supplies, consider one of these refill packs.
- Refill this kit - Every first aid kit we sell allows you to refill individual items from that list. Look for the “Refill This Kit” link while on the product page of a first aid kit like the one you want to refill.
- Make-A-Kit- Just like it sounds, you can make your own first aid kit starting with the container and add only the supplies you need!
- RestockKit- If you have a workplace first aid kit, consider using this visual refill system. Simply click on the picture of the item you need and add it to your cart.
- Reorder List- We allow you to create your own “saved lists”. When viewing refill products on our website, simply create a refill list by adding the item to a saved list. The next time you need to reorder, your custom saved list will be ready to use, making reordering a snap.